- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 2, 2019, 4 p.m. PDT
- CONFERENCE DATES: Friday-Sunday, September 13 - 15, 2019
- CONFERENCE LOCATION: Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond
This Registration Package includes:
- Introduction/Callout Letter
- Application Form
- On-line registration is available here.
We are pleased to provide you with this Registration Package for the 2019 PSAC B.C. Regional Women’s Conference, which will be held Friday, September 13 to Sunday, September 15, 2019, at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, in Richmond, B.C.
We encourage you to personally inform PSAC Sisters in your area to ensure they are made aware of this conference. Bulletin boards may not always be accessible and additional outreach is important.
This registration package, including a paper application, is available upon request in alternative formats through the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office by contacting us at 604-430-5631 or toll-free in B.C. at 1-800-663-1655.
The objectives of the 2019 PSAC B.C. Regional Women’s Conference are to:
- Challenge ideas and barriers to women’s participation in the Union.
- Encourage strategic actions to build a better Union, better workplaces, and a better society by encouraging and supporting PSAC women in our struggle for fairness, equality, and social justice.
- Increase the active participation of women in the PSAC and the Union movement as we have the power to make change if we are willing to be part of the solution.
- Empower PSAC-B.C. women to support women working together for our Union and our community in creating positive change.
- Contribute to the work of PSAC’s Gender Equity Task Force by identifying opportunities to develop women’s leadership and achieve gender equity within our union.
PSAC B.C. Region Sisters will gather and have the opportunity to strengthen the PSAC Women’s Program at the regional level under the theme, “Empowered Women Empower Women”.
There will be a session on the PSAC’s Gender Equity Task Force which includes an opportunity to assess the participation of women in PSAC at all levels of the union, identify barriers to women’s participation in the union, evaluate the impact of existing PSAC equity initiatives, engage women members, and make recommendations to improve gender equality and women’s participation within the PSAC.
In addition, Conference participants will participate in a workshop on Building Women’s Power for Change. This workshop will focus on ways to better engage and empower women activists at all levels of the union. Participants will be invited to identify political priorities and develop strategies to mobilize women PSAC members to advocate for these issues through different structures in the union.
Other activities are still being planned for the Conference and further updates will be provided as they are confirmed.
The conference will begin on Friday, September 13 at 3:00 p.m. (with registration from 1:30 – 3:00 pm). Supper will be provided that evening (from 6:00 – 6:45 p.m.) followed by a presentation and opportunity to socialize until 8:00 p.m. All participants are required to attend the Friday evening event.
The conference will continue on Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. The conference will conclude on Sunday, September 15 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Those members in travel status for this conference, as per the PSAC Travel Policy, will travel to Vancouver on Friday, and depart after 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 15.
This conference is fully funded for delegates, and there is no registration fee.
FUNDING FOR DELEGATES
Delegates that reside within 60 kilometres of the venue:
- Will be entitled to claim half a day’s salary for Friday afternoon (and Saturday and Sunday if normally scheduled to work)
- Will be entitled to claim a $50 per day allowance for Saturday and Sunday to cover the cost of travel and meals
- Hotel will not be provided
- Hotel parking is complimentary
Delegates that reside more than 60 kilometres from the venue will be considered in travel status which means the following costs will be covered:
- Will be entitled to salary for Friday (and Saturday and Sunday if normally scheduled to work)
- Travel costs, including ground transportation;
- Meal and incidental allowances (except those provided) as per the PSAC Travel Policy;
- Hotel accommodation costs at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel;
- Hotel parking is complimentary
ACCOMMODATION FOR DISABILITIES
The PSAC Accommodation Policy strives to ensure that PSAC events are barrier-free for members with disabilities. Once selected as a delegate, members will be asked to specify their accommodation needs in order to facilitate their participation at the B.C. Regional Women’s Conference.
The objective of the PSAC Family Care Policy is to remove one of the barriers which prevents delegates from participating fully in Union activities and which provides for the reimbursement of family care expenses. A copy of the policy is available on the PSAC website at www.psacunion.ca/family-care-policy.
On-site childcare is intended to remove a barrier to a delegate's ability to participate at the summit and is provided only for those who could not otherwise attend, had the service not been available. Requests must be received no later than August 2, 2019.
PSAC POLICIES: ANTI-HARASSMENT, SCENT-FREE AND SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT
During the Conference, and at all events associated with the Conference, the PSAC Anti-Harassment, Smoke-free Environment and Scent-free Environment policies will be in effect. Please refrain from using scented products of any type.
SELECTION OF DELEGATES
If you are selected as a delegate to this Conference, you will be advised by email and/or telephone. It is important that you provide contact information that you will have access to during the month of August 2019.
For further information or assistance:
- Call the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office at 604-430-5631 or toll-free in B.C. at 1-800-663-1655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a voicemail or email message and someone will get back to you.
We look forward to the upcoming PSAC B.C. Regional Women’s Conference.
Please consult the PSAC B.C. Region website www.psacbc.com periodically as additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Jamey Mills, PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President, BC
Kelly Sidhu, B.C. Regional Council Women’s Coordinator
INFORMATION TO APPLY FOR THE 2019 PSAC B.C. REGIONAL WOMEN’S CONFERENCE “Empowered Women Empower Women”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 2, 2019, 4 p.m. PDT
CONFERENCE DATES: Friday-Sunday, September 13 - 15, 2019
(Please note: When applying on-line, you will receive a confirmation email that your application form has been received successfully. This does not guarantee your seat at the Conference. You will be notified under separate cover once delegates are selected.)
If you wish to complete the registration form by fax or by regular mail, please contact the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office at 604-430-5631 or toll-free in B.C. at 1-800-663-1655.
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you are mailing your application, ensure that it is sent well in advance of the deadline.
If you have any questions with respect to the application form or the Conference, call 604-430-5631 or toll-free in B.C. at 1-800-663-1655. If necessary, please leave a voicemail or email email@example.com.
|2019 BC Regional Women's Conference - Callout Letter & Application Form||453.83 KB|