On behalf of REVP-B.C. Bob Jackson, we are pleased to announce that the 6th B.C. Regional Triennial Convention of the Public Service Alliance of Canada will be held at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, B.C. from Friday, April 25th to Sunday, April 27th, 2014 under the theme We Are All Affected: Standing Together, Standing Strong.
The Convention will begin at 9:30 AM on Friday, April 25 and will adjourn by 3 PM on Sunday, April 27. Before the Convention starts a new delegate orientation seminar will take place at 8:30 AM on Friday, April 25. In addition, an evening reception will take place on Friday, April 25.
Further details on the Regional Convention and delegate s/election can be found in the Convention Call letter. We will be posting more information and important documents as we move forward with our Convention planning - watch this space!
- posted Dec 3, 2013: Call for nominations: Equity and Young Worker delegates
- posted Dec 5, 2013: Call for nominations: DCL and Separate Employer locals
- posted Dec 13, 2013: Call for nominations: REVP and Alternate
- posted Jan 21, 2014: Donation Request - Convention Raffle
- posted March 31, 2014: Convention Resoutions packages and agenda (see below)
- posted April 1, 2014: Speaker bios, Convention policies, Regional Council Reports to Convention (see below)
- posted April 4, 2014: Convention information for Observers & Travel Guidelines for Delegates (see below)
- posted April 17, 2014: Report of the Regional Executive VP to Convention - download it here (11MB .pdf file)
- posted April 17, 2014: Convention Finance Committee - Statements and Budget (see below)
If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact the Office of the REVP-B.C.
Information for guests and observers regarding travel and accommodations.
Guests and observers to the Convention are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. The Convention will begin at 9:30 AM on Friday, April 25 and will adjourn by 3 PM on Sunday, April 27.
A special rate of $165/night (plus applicable taxes) at the Convention Hotel is available, only if booked through the REVP Office. Contact Kristin Schnider to make a booking or for more information.
|BC Regional Convention Call Letter||130.67 KB|
|Donation Request - Convention Raffle||26.87 KB|
|By-Laws Resolutions Committe Report||31.49 KB|
|By-Laws Resolutions Package||37.76 KB|
|General Resolutions Committe Report (updated Apr 3, typo)||77.38 KB|
|General Resolutions Package||55.88 KB|
|General Resolutions Appendix - Policy Paper On Water||18.32 KB|
|Finance Resolutions Committe Report||13.77 KB|
|Finance Resolutions Package||9.33 KB|
|Convention Agenda||51.29 KB|
|PSAC Statement on Harassment||16.08 KB|
|PSAC Statement on Scent Free Environments||15.57 KB|
|Speaker Bios||38.73 KB|
|BC Regional Council Reports to Convention||4.66 MB|
|Convention Information for Observers||57.23 KB|
|Convention Travel Guidelines for Delegates||63.07 KB|
|Convention Finance Committee - Statements and Budget||228.87 KB|