PSAC BC, along with the BC Federation of Labour and many of its affiliates, help sponsor the BC Lions Be More Than A Bystander campaign.
Be More Than a Bystander is a groundbreaking initiative between Ending Violence BC and the BC Lions aimed at substantially increasing understanding of the impact of men’s violence against women. The program breaks the silence surrounding violence against women and girls by providing tools, language and practical ideas about how to be more than a bystander, how to speak up and how to communicate that violence and abuse is not acceptable.
The Be More Than a Bystander launched in 2011 and the four main components of the program are to develop a broad public awareness campaign featuring BC Lions players, develop a curriculum and teaching materials for a school program and train BC Lions to deliver in-person presentations in schools throughout BC, deliver training to football coaches in the province on how to talk to kids about violence against women and respectful relationships, and create a film that would appeal to youth with positive messaging that it is ‘cool’ to respect women and the importance of bystanders speaking up to prevent violence against women and girls. For more information about this important campaign, visit bclions.com
As a thank you for our sponsorship agreement, the BC Lions have provided PSAC BC with a number of tickets to upcoming games. The seats are in section 217 of BC Place, in the block of seats with other sponsoring unions and organizations.
PSAC BC is making these tickets available to members in a draw. If you would like be entered to win a pair of tickets, let us know which game you are interested in, your contact information, and where you work in the form below.
*note: our draws for 2017 are now over, watch for more in 2018*
- Congratulations to Paul from the Department of National Defence and Mark from Transport Canada who won tickets to the game on June 16th vs Saskatchewan!
- Congratulations to Jenny from Health Canada and Nerissa from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency who won tickets to the game on June 24th vs Edmonton!
- Congratulations to Megan from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and Amy from the Canada Revenue Agency who won tickets to the game on July 21st vs Winnipeg!
- Congratulations to Colin from the Department of Fisheries & Oceans and Jessica from Indigenous and Northern Afairs Canada who won tickets to the game on August 5th vs Saskatchewan!
- Congratulations to Adrian from Parks Canada and Gihoon from INAC who won tickets to the game on August 18th vs Calgary!
- Congratulations to Jean from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Lacey from the RCMP who won tickets to the game on September 8 vs Montreal!
- Congratulations to Jordan from CBSA and Jennifer from Granville Island who won tickets to the game on September 22 vs Hamilton!
- Congratulations to Michel from CBSA and Carlos from YVR who won tickets to the game on October 7 vs Ottawa!
- Congratulations to Susie from Service Canada and Melissa from the Canadian Grain Commission who won tickets to the game on October 22 vs Edmonton!
- Congratulations to Robert from CBSA and Johanne from Service Canada who won tickets to the game on November 4 vs Toronto!