PSAC BC, along with the BC Federation of Labour and many of its affiliates, is helping sponsor the BC Lions Be More Than A Bystander campaign for the third year in a row.
Be More Than a Bystander is a groundbreaking initiative between Ending Violence BC and the BC Lions aimed at substantially increasing understanding of the impact of men’s violence against women. The program breaks the silence surrounding violence against women and girls by providing tools, language and practical ideas about how to be more than a bystander, how to speak up and how to communicate that violence and abuse is not acceptable.
The Be More Than a Bystander launched in 2011 and the four main components of the program are to develop a broad public awareness campaign featuring BC Lions players, develop a curriculum and teaching materials for a school program and train BC Lions to deliver in-person presentations in schools throughout BC, deliver training to football coaches in the province on how to talk to kids about violence against women and respectful relationships, and create a film that would appeal to youth with positive messaging that it is ‘cool’ to respect women and the importance of bystanders speaking up to prevent violence against women and girls. For more information about this important campaign, visit bclions.com
As a thank you for our sponsorship agreement, the BC Lions have provided PSAC BC with a number of tickets to upcoming games. The seats are in section 216 of BC Place, in the block of seats with other sponsoring unions and organizations.
PSAC BC is making these tickets available to members in a draw. If you would like be entered to win a pair of tickets, let us know which game you are interested in, your contact information, and where you work in the form below.
- Congratulations to Adrian from Parks Canada and Donna from Correctional Services Canada who won tickets to the game on July 14th!
- Congratulations to Voyka from Public Works and Rajdeep rom CRA who won tickets to the game on August 9!
- Congratulations to Brad from the Department of National Defence and Nielene from CRA who won tickets to the game on August 25!
- Congratulations to Jean from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Pennie from INAC who won tickets to the game on September 7!
- Congratulations to Lee from Health Canada and Dean from CBSA who won tickets to the game on September 22!
- Congratulations to Kveta from CBSA and Charlene from ISC who won tickets to the game on October 6!
- Congratulations to Heather from CBSA and Fion from BWXT who won tickets to the game on October 19!
- Congratulations to Susie from Service Canada and Wendy from Health Canada who won tickets to the game on November 3!
** note: only one entry per member, please. duplicate entries will be removed ***