The PSAC BC Region presents: The Activist School
- ready to work in support of good collective agreements, quality public services, and electing a government that respects workers and their rights?
- interested in doing political and social activism work over the next 12 months?
- willing to work collaboratively with other union and social justice activists?
- eager to talk with members at your workplace about how to build workplace power?
If you said YES! then The Activist School is for you!
By the end of The Activist School, participants will:
- their workplace and political rights;
- more about the challenges facing PSAC members, and workers across Canada;
- a variety of tools and skills that support political and social activism;
- how to have meaningful, effective and motivating conversations with co-workers;
- hopeful, confident and excited about their activist work;
- ready to be an important part of one of the PSAC’s largest ever mobilizing campaigns;
be able to
- organize workplace events that engage members and build collective power;
- support the development of formal and informal workplace leaders;
- connect with other parts of the PSAC structure that are working towards the same goals;
- promote the interests of PSAC members with community activists and elected political representatives at all levels of government.
This course is open to all BC members. There will be a selection process if there are more applicants than available seats. The selection process will take geographic location, component, and diversity into consideration.