Agenda for September 16th, 2019 Mainland Haida Gwaii Young Worker’s Committee Meeting
Dinner Served: 6:00 PM
Meeting Start: 6:15 PM
- Review of Meeting Minutes from May 13th, 2019 Meeting
- Old Business
- Spring Social – BBQ & Boats – booked for May 25th, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM – event cancelled due to weather; Sky rented truck; Val bought food
- Posters + Promotional Materials to promote awareness of MHGYWC – Determine mandatory details for poster, set deadline for submissions.
- Young Worker Representative Engagement with MHGYWC:
- Encourage all committee members to reach out to Local Young Worker Reps to attend MHGYWC – invite by email or mobile number into WhatsApp group
- Encourage all committee members who don’t have a Young Worker Rep position at their local to request one at their local’s AGM – “Young Worker Representative Description of Duties” sent out via email, available at the meeting as a print-out.
- Send out MHGYWC poster and “Young Workers Representative Description of Duties” to locals/components/etc.
- New Business
- Grant’s Law Sit-In – May 25th, 2019 – reports from anyone who attended
- Young Worker’s School at Camp Jubilee – June 14th to June 16th, 2019 – report from Corinne
- Participation in PSAC BC Softball Tournament – report from Damir
- Participation in Surrey/Vancouver/New West Pride activities – report from anyone who attended
- Fall/Winter Social/Event – Poll for event options/dates
- Connecting with YMAGIN – follow up on any future opportunities to engage YMAGIN in collaborating on charitable events/fundraising/etc.