Your vote matters!
Every three years, municipal and school board elections offer a chance for local residents to determine the future of their communities. This year’s election is on November 19.
Members of Canadian Labour Congress District Labour Councils across the province have spent time talking to and questioning many of the candidates and have compiled a list of municipal and school board candidates who:
- Support the interests of working families;
- Understand that public services and programs enhance our quality of life;
- Realize the importance of a strong public education system;
- Recognize that contracting out and privatization are not cost-effective;
- Value the contribution of public sector workers; and
- Know that a strong community depends on local control and decision-making.
Download the list of endorsed candidates for your municipality below and - on November 19 - vote for candidates that share a progressive and sustainable vision for the future of our communities. For more information about how the endorsement process works, contact your local District Labour Council.
UPDATE: Mei Ling Chia, a PSAC member working at CRA, is running for a position on the Burnaby School Board has been endorsed by the New Westminster and District Labour Council!
|Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission||10.59 KB|
|Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Maple Ridge, etc.||19.51 KB|
|Campbell River, Courtenay, Cumberland||10.29 KB|
|Cranbrook, Fernie, Kimberley||14.43 KB|
|Duncan, Nanaimo, Parksville, etc.||15.78 KB|
|Gibsons, Sechelt, Sunshine Coast||11.01 KB|
|Kelowna, Vernon||9.81 KB|
|Nelson, Rossland, Trail||10.49 KB|
|Oliver, Penticton, Summerland||10.16 KB|
|Port Alberni, Clayoquot||10.18 KB|
|Prince George, Quesnel, etc.||13.08 KB|
|Revelstoke, Salmon Arm||10.17 KB|
|Vancouver, North Vancouver, Richmond||14.47 KB|
|Victoria, Saanich, Oak Bay, etc.||13.85 KB|