Convention and Conference Subsidies
Requests for convention and conference subsidies should:
- be in writing (email or paper) to the REVP’s office
- be received three (3) weeks prior to registration deadline
- contain a rationale why this convention or conference would be valuable for the applicant
- give an indication how the information/experience obtained at the convention or conference will be used by the participant in union activities
- indicate any other efforts the applicant has made to obtain funding
- no events outside of Canada will be funded
All requests will be forwarded to the Subsidies Committee for recommendation to the REVP.
The following considerations will be used to award subsidies:
- is the convention or conference labour, political or social activism related?
- will the Region benefit from our participation in this event?
- has the applicant been awarded previous subsidies for conventions or conferences? if yes, when?
- normally we will not fund more than three (3) participants for the same convention or conference
- exceptions to the above should be mostly in the lower cost category
- Convention or conference outside B.C.: $500.00
- Convention or conference in B.C. and participant has to fly: up to $500.00
- Convention or conference in B.C. and no need to fly: $250.00
- Applicants will not receive full or partial funding to attend Conventions or Conferences outside of Canada
There shall be a written report to the REVP’s office within one month of the event.
Download a Conference/Convention Subsidy Application form below ...
Approved at the Regional Council meeting 2001, adopted as a regulation March 2012
|Conference/Convention Subsidy Application v3||147.33 KB|