After two years and eight months of negotiations, four final offers, petition drives, picketing, a final offer forced vote thrown out by a court challenge, the filing of unfair labour practice complaints and a marathon, round-the-clock 28-hour bargaining session, our Bargaining Team reached an agreement with Treasury Board/CBSA at 11:00 am the morning of Tuesday October 22th, 2013.
For more information about the tentative agreement, and to view the the ratification kit, visit the PSAC national website.
Here in BC, the ratification process will take place November 6th through December 10th, and we expect to announce the results of the vote on December 12th.
Here are the confirmed locations / dates as of November 13. Note there are scheduled meeting times, click "details" for more information.
- November 6th, Surrey - details
- November 7th, Victoria - details
- November 8th, Sidney - details
- November 18th, Surrey - details
- November 19th, Chilliwack - details
- November 20th, Richmond (YVR) - details
- November 21st, Vancouver (downtown) - details
- November 25th, Richmond (YVR) - details
- November 26th, Vancouver (downtown) - details
- November 27th, Abbotsford - details
- November 28th, Prince Rupert - details
- November 29th, Richmond (YVR) - details
- December 9th, Victoria (Regional Office) - details
- December 10th, Vancouver (Regional Office) - details
- view all upcoming meetings, with details
There will be an opportunity to speak to a member of the FB bargaining team at these meetings.
As per PSAC policy, members whose work location is more than 60km from a meeting location will receive mail-in ballots and will have an opportunity to speak with bargaining team members via conference call. Please watch the mail for your voting package.
If you have any questions about the ratification vote contact your Regional Office.
Please share this information with FB members in your worksites and encourage them to attend a meeting or mail back their ballot.