If you’re a PSAC member 50 or older, you should be a member of BC FORUM, the recognized voice for senior unionists in B.C. since 1995. As you know well, we are strongest when we stand together in solidarity.
BC FORUM represents thousands of active and retired union members. As an active worker, BC FORUM helps you plan for retirement – because leaving work should not mean leaving the movement.
Together with the union movement and our allies, BC FORUM is taking on the issues that affect our families:
- Helping workers plan for a secure retirement.
- Promoting retirement security for our children and grandchildren by doubling the CPP, and lifting seniors out of poverty by increasing Old Age Security (OAS) and the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS).
- Vehemently opposing the federal government’s decision to raise the eligibility age for OAS and GIS to 67.
- Defending public health care services from privatization.
- Working with the CLC to fight the Harper government’s attacks on unions and workers’ rights.
- Fighting for proper home care and home support services so retired workers can live with dignity in their own homes.
“Together with our allies, we hold politicians to account, and work to defeat them when they fail to deliver,” says Diane Wood, President of BC FORUM. “We organize community forums and rallies. We offer group benefit coverage at great rates, and provide $2,500 AD&D coverage as part of each membership. We publish a high quality news magazine and website to keep members informed and involved with current issues and initiatives. We are dedicated to serving the needs of all senior unionists. I invite you to join us today!”
You can join BC FORUM on-line at www.bcforum.ca. Dues are just $20 a year, or $49 for a three year membership. You can also find out more about BC FORUM on our Facebook site, facebook.com/BCRetiredUnionMembersFORUM.