To: PSAC Locals in the B.C. Region
We are pleased to be sending you this Registration Package for the 2016 PSAC B.C. Regional Conference for Young Workers, which will be held November 26-27, 2016 at the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront under the theme Up Next: Young Worker Leadership Summit.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
- Conference Dates: November 26-27, 2016
- Conference Location: Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront, Vancouver
This Registration Package includes:
- Introduction/Callout Letter, online here or download below
- The online application form is available here (the deadline has now passed).
We encourage you to personally inform young PSAC members in our Region to ensure they are made aware of this conference. Bulletin boards may not always be accessible and additional outreach is very important and appreciated.
This registration package is available upon request in alternative format through the PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President’s Office by contacting us at 604-430-0191 or toll-free in B.C. 1-866-811-7700.
The objectives of the 2016 PSAC B.C. Regional Conference for Young Workers are to:
- To gather PSAC young workers in B.C. to learn more about their union, including its work on young worker’s issues, from past to present.
- To provide an opportunity to hear from and share experiences and challenges with those in leadership positions in the social justice movement.
- To gain skills and tools on how to effect change inside and outside of the union.
- To challenge participants to develop their own leadership skills by organizing more young workers to be involved in the social justice movement.
PSAC members in good standing and who self-identify as a young worker (35 years or younger) may apply to be a delegate to this Conference. Priority will be given to members who are active on young workers’ rights in their union or workplace. Priority will also be given to community activists on young worker issues. The selection of delegates will take into account representation such as geography, Component (if any), gender, and other equity groups.
Delegates will be entitled to full voice and vote during the conference.
Funding for Delegates:
All Delegates will be reimbursed loss of salary for the days that they are normally scheduled to work during the conference.
Delegates that reside within 60 kilometres of the venue:
- will be entitled to claim a $50 per day allowance for Saturday and Sunday to cover the cost of travel, meals, and parking.
- Hotel will not be provided.
Delegates that reside more than 60 kilometres from the venue will be considered in travel status which means the following costs will be covered:
- Travel costs, including ground transportation;
- Hotel accommodation costs at the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront;
- Meal and incidental allowances (except those provided) as per the PSAC Travel Policy;
- Hotel self-parking charges (where applicable)
ACCOMMODATION FOR DISABILITIES
The PSAC Accommodation Policy strives to ensure that PSAC events are barrier-free for members with disabilities. Once selected as a delegate, members will be asked to specify their accommodation needs in order to facilitate their participation at the B.C. Regional Young Workers’ Conference.
The objective of the PSAC Family Care Policy is to remove one of the barriers which prevents delegates from participating fully in Union activities and which provides for the reimbursement of family care expenses. A copy of the policy is available on the PSAC website at www.psacunion.ca/family-care-policy.
On-site child care is intended to remove a barrier to a delegate's ability to participate at the Conference and is provided only for those who could not otherwise attend, had the service not been available. Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2016.During the conference, and at all events associated with the conference, the PSAC Anti-Harassment, Smoke-free Environment and Scent-free Environment policies will be in effect. Please refrain from using scented products of any type.
SELECTION OF DELEGATES
If you are selected as a delegate to this conference, you will be advised by email and/or telephone.
SELECTION OF OBSERVERS
If you are not selected as a delegate, you may be selected as an observer.
Please note: All observers selected to this conference shall have self-identified as a young worker.
All observers, if selected, are required to pay a registration fee of $100.00. This registration fee entitles observers to participate in the conference, including workshops and materials provided. In addition, all observers are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, loss of salary, and all other expenses.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS: Friday, September 30, 2016
For further information or assistance, call the PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President’s Office at 604-430-0191 or toll-free in B.C. 1-866-811-7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a voicemail or email message and someone will get back to you.
We look forward to the upcoming regional conference. This conference is an opportunity for our young members to improve the level of activism of the Union and build our leadership in the workplace, union, and in our communities.
Please consult the PSAC B.C. Region website www.psacbc.com periodically as information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Bob Jackson. REVP for B.C.
Vanessa Miller, B.C. Regional Council Young Worker Coordinator
|2016 PSAC B.C. Regional Young Workers' Conference - Call Out and Application Form||339.43 KB|