PSAC has scheduled training for pay advocates, normally local officers or stewards, that have been assisting members with Phoenix issues. This training will provide information and training on tools specifically for assisting those with pay issues. It will also provide information on our key objectives in pressuring the government to address and resolve Phoenix. Objectives of the 1-day course include
- Orienting Pay Advocates to the union
- Providing an overview of Phoenix debacle and what PSAC has done
- Explaining the strategy PSAC is adopting to address Phoenix
- Exploring advocacy – what to do, not to do
- Next steps - where to go from here as a Pay Advocate
Please ensure that at least one Executive, Steward or person designated by the local as a “Pay Advocate” signs up for this important training and information session.
Training sessions have been scheduled as follows ...