Representatives from over 100 Locals and Area Councils in British Columbia met on October 29th to discuss, mobilize, and plan for regional activities in support of the PSAC No Cuts campaign/NBoD Action Plan and the fight against contracting out.
Participants spent the morning learning about the five components of PSAC's Action Plan
- The petition to Tony Clement.
- The campaign to engage small businesses and inform them of the importance the public services and the workers that deliver them represent for their business.
- A public engagement and Parliament lobbying campaign.
- The defense of PSAC members’ rights under the Workforce Adjustment provisions of our Collective Agreements.
- Members Assemblies throughout BC, designed to bring the No Cuts message to members in every Locals and worksites in the Province.
Local Executive and Area Council members then split into regional groups and shared information about how cutbacks and reduced spending have (or will) affect federal public services, strategized, and planned for regional and Local-based activities in support of the five elements of PSAC's campaign.
We will begin holding our Members Assemblies over the next few months - watch the regional website or details, or sign up for our newsletter.
For more information about how you can get involved in the campaign, contact your Local Executive, your PSAC Area Council, or email Patrick Bragg.