*** The full day training sessions have been postponed, watch for new dates ***
Please use this form to apply for Mobilization and Prepararedness Training full day sessions for Local Executive members and Component leadership in the PA, TC, SV, EB, FB, CRA, CFIA, and Parks Canada units. Note we will also be scheduling webinars designed for members in areas outside the designated locations or in remote worksites.
The course explains what strikes are and provides basic information about the roles and responsibilities of union members during work stoppages. This includes strike preparedness and what happens when members vote to strike. After taking this training, members will
- Have an understanding of the current status of bargaining, and why you may go on strike
- Define the different ways strikes are conducted and why
- Anticipate and be able to respond to challenges should a strike occur
- Be aware of your role and the roles of other strike participants
If you do not know your PSAC ID#, call the Vancouver RO @ 604 430-5631 or 1 800 663-1655 and we will look it up for you.
- the fields marked with a * are required - the form will not process your application if left blank.
- the form will only allow you apply for one course at a time