In celebration of Black History Month, PSAC BC Mainland Human Rights Committee is inviting you to “Race and the Union: Issues faced by Black Union activists": a panel discussion to honour the contributions of Black labour activists and dive into their struggles as union activists.
Join our panelists:
• Larry Rousseau – Executive Vice-President Canadian Labour Congress
• Sandra Griffith-Bonaparte – Union activist
• Karla Backer – Union Activist
Date: Tuesday, February 23 from 6pm-7pm PT
We hope to unpack pertinent issues surrounding:
• Black workers’ lived experiences in the community, workplaces, and in the union
• The barriers they encounter as union activists
• Changes that can be made to our union’s structure
• Mentorship and resources!
Celine Ahodekon, Secretary of Mainland Human Rights Committee will moderate the discussions. Joyce Lawson will open the session.
We are asking all attendees to register in advance for this online event
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the panel discussion. All PSAC members and the public are welcome to attend.
Please, note that there will be door prizes.
The panel discussion will be in English only.