The DCL 22000 bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with the B.C. First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), and PSAC members will now have the opportunity to vote on their new collective agreement. The ratification kit can be found below.
PSAC has organized ratification votes to allow our members working at FNHA to cast your ballot. See below to sign up for the ratification vote webinar that is most convenient for you.
In order to be eligible to vote you must:
- have received your voter information letter which includes your personal identification number (PIN) by e-mail or mail. Your PIN is required to vote, but is not required to register and attend a webinar
- check on your membership status with the PSAC
- attend a short webinar session
STEP 1: RECEIVE YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN)
For those PSAC members for whom we have a non-employer, personal e-mail address on file, we will send you an email with your voter information including a PIN the day before voting begins (please check your junk mail folder for an email from intelivote.com). For those members whom we have no personal email, we will send the same letter in the mail to your home address one week before the beginning of the voting period. If you still haven’t received your voter information letter by March 31st, please contact the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office.
Please take a moment to update your contact information and provide us with your personal, non-work email address. You can update your contact information online by logging into the PSAC member portal or create an account if you don’t already have one.
STEP 2: CHECK ON YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS WITH PSAC
In some situations, PSAC members cease being members in good standing (MIGS). To confirm your status, please contact the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office in the following circumstances:
If you are on extended leave
If you are on extended leave (e.g., long term disability, maternity or parental leave) and therefore may not be a member in good standing (MIGS), you can make a request to remain in good standing to the National President via this online form.
If you have not signed a union card or are unsure that it has been processed
If you have never signed a union card you can fill out and membership pledge card online.
If you are unsure that you have previously signed a card or are unsure that it has been processed, simply fill out a membership pledge card online.
Even if you are already a member in good standing, please take a moment to give us your personal, non-work email address. You can update your contact information online right now.
If you have difficulty updating your information, contact the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office.
STEP 3: REGISTER FOR A WEBINAR
April 7 update: the webinar sessions have all taken place. Voting closes at 2PM April 7.
STEP 4: HOW TO VOTE
As a PSAC member working for FNHA, you will have the opportunity to vote on the tentative agreement with your employer from March 31, 2021, to April 7, 2021.
You can vote on the tentative agreement by telephone or online. As stated above, you must attend an information session before voting.
- Using the PIN that was sent to you in your voter letter by e-mail or mail, you can vote any time from 1 p.m. (PST) March 31, 2021 until 2 p.m. (PST) April 7, 2021, after you have attended a webinar outlined in Step 3.
- The phone number and website for voting will be provided to you during the webinar.
- Please be aware that if you should be interrupted while voting, you may re-access the voting system to complete your voting.
- This vote is by secret ballot. How you vote is entirely confidential.