We have just received the arbitration award from Arbitrator Judi Korbin. While we are very disappointed that many of our main issues were not addressed in this award, there were some important gains. We also want to point out that not a single one of the IMP’s concessions were granted!
- One additional designated paid holiday in lieu of BC Family Day, to be taken as a “Floating Holiday”
- ARA, Dual Trade MRA, Acting Deputy Crew Chief premiums all increased by the same percentage as the economic increases
- RRSP Company matching to increase to 3% after one year of service and 4% after fifteen years
- Expiry June 30, 2019
Retroactive economic increases:
- July 1, 2015 1.8%
- July 1, 2016 1.8%
- July 1, 2017 1.7%
- January 1, 2018 0.5%
- July 1, 2018 1.5%
Highlights of improvements negotiated prior to going to arbitration include:
- The ability for an Employee who is ill while on vacation leave to substitute available sick leave for this period
- Medical certificates paid for by the Employer
- Right to a current and accurate statement of duties of the position to which you are assigned, and/or an organizational chart
- For job postings, internal candidates shall be assessed first and if found qualified, offered the position before external candidates.
A new collective agreement will be prepared to incorporate these changes. As soon as it is done, we will get you a copy. In the meantime, we will hold a meeting to go over all the new contract language and you will have an opportunity to ask our Bargaining Team (Rick, Phil and Jamie) any questions you have. Date and time TBA.
We have worked hard during this difficult round of negotiations to make improvements to our workplace. It was not easy but we feel we did our best. Given the new agreement will expire in just a year’s time, we will have an opportunity to get back to the table quickly to address the ongoing issues. We especially thank you, the members, for your support!