The PSAC B.C. Education Program is happy to support members in BC who are attending non-PSAC educational opportunities between September 2023 and March 2024, by offering five (5) subsidies of up to $250.
Education Subsidies for non-PSAC courses
The PSAC BC Region recognizes that progressive and/or labour organizations within Canada offer educational opportunities that our members may be interested in. To enable participation in those opportunities, limited education subsidies for courses not offered by the PSAC BC Region may be made available each calendar year. Any PSAC member in good standing who resides in BC is eligible to apply for a subsidy.
The total amount of subsidies will be determined by the Regional Executive Vice President (REVP) at the end of each calendar year and will be announced on the regional website. The REVP’s decision will be based on recommendations from the Regional Education Officer (REO) after consultation with the Education Committee of the Regional Council and the Regional Coordinator (RC). The amount and number of subsidies may vary from year to year, depending on the anticipated available funds in the regional education budget.
Requests for Education subsidies should:
- be in writing using:
- the online application here.
- or a paper copy in an email submitted to the Regional Education Officer (REO) Deanna Kimball at KimballD@psac-afpc.com with a copy to the Regional Coordinator (RC) T. Dale at DaleT@psac-afpc.com; or
- faxed to the REO / RC at 604-430-0451; or
- mailed to the Vancouver Regional Office, 200-5238 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC V5R 6C9
- be received four (4) weeks prior to registration deadline
- contain a rationale why the course would be valuable for the applicant
- give an indication how the information/experience obtained at the course will be used by the participant in union activities
- indicate any other efforts the applicant has made to obtain funding
- include a commitment to provide a written report to the REO and the REVP’s office within one month following the course.
Whether the applicant has previously received PSAC BC Region subsidies will be taken into consideration in addition to the above required information.
The REO will make recommendations on successful applicants to the REVP following consultation with the BC Regional Council Education Committee and the RC. The REVP will make the final decision. Successful applicants will be notified by the REO.
Spring / Summer 2023 education subsidies
PSAC B.C. Education Program is happy to support PSAC B.C. Region members who are attending non-PSAC educational opportunities between April 2023…
2022 CLC Winter School: Information and PSAC BC Subsidy for 2022 CLC Winter School
The PSAC BC Education Program is offering four $500 education subsidies to PSAC BC members who are registered for the 2022 CLC Winter School.
Education subsidies for CLC Virtual Winter School 2021
The PSAC BC Education Program is pleased to offer ten (10) $500 education subsidies to PSAC BC members who are registering…
PSAC BC Region Education Subsidies for CLC winter school 2019
Canadian Labour Congress Winter School 2019 The PSAC BC Education Program is pleased to offer two $500 education subsidies to PSAC…