Bill C-4, the budget implementation act:
- Secretly makes changes to our rights without any consultation.
- Puts at risk our health and safety and the Canadians we serve by re-defining “danger” to include only imminent risks.
- Lets the government unilaterally decide who performs essential services in order to take away our collective bargaining power.
- Changes the rules for arbitrators to limit their independence, impartiality and ability to consider our interests.
- Takes away our right to choose to have contract disputes decided through arbitration if we reach an impasse at the bargaining table.
- Makes it harder to refuse unsafe work and replaces health and safety officers with anyone the Minister appoints.
Our union has called on Parliament to reject these changes.
We asked the President of Treasury Board to consult with us before making such radical changes to labour law. But Minister Clement outright refused.
The Bill is undemocratic and puts lives at risk. We must come together to defend our rights, our working conditions and our health and safety.
Call your MP today! Get ready to defend our rights!
Download a poster for your worksite below, spread the word!