PSAC B.C. Education Program is happy to support PSAC B.C. Region members who are attending non-PSAC educational opportunities by offering five (5) subsidies of up to $500.
Between August and December 2022, PSAC B.C. members can apply for a subsidy to the maximum amount of $500.00 to help support their participation in non-PSAC education courses. Generally, these educational opportunities may include online courses offered by District Labour Councils, Federations of Labour, Canadian Labour Congress, community organizations or other progressive and/or labour organizations within Canada.
Some examples of education courses available in the coming months include the 2022 Labour Education Anita Yan Memorial Law Series, a series of in person and virtual workshops on a variety of topics offered by the Vancouver District Labour Council, and a number of Be More Than a Bystander train-the-trainer workshops being offered by the BC Centre for Women in the Trades in Coquitlam.
Successful applicants will be notified by the Regional Education Officer and the approved subsidy will be issued after attending the course, confirmation of attendance has been received and a report provided.
- Be received four (4) weeks prior to registration deadline.
- Contain a rationale why the course would be valuable for the applicant.
- Indicate how much funding is requested and any other efforts the applicant has made to obtain funding.
- Give an indication how the information/experience obtained at the course will be used by the participant in union activities.
- Include a commitment to provide a written report to the Regional Education Officer and the Regional Executive Vice President (REVP) office within one month following the course.
- Whether the applicant has previously received PSAC BC Region subsidies will be taken into consideration in addition to the above required information.
- The Regional Education Officer will make recommendations on successful applicants to the REVP following consultation with the BC Regional Council Education Committee and the Regional Coordinator. The REVP will make the final decision.