FB Group Strike Vote 2021
FB members have been without a contract for nearly three years, with the collective agreement having expired in June 2018.
At the table, the FB bargaining team has been fighting for key issues, including parity with other law enforcement personnel across Canada, better protections against harassment and discrimination, and a fair remote work policy for our non-uniformed members. CBSA’s refusal to budge on these core demands led the FB bargaining team to declare impasse in December. PSAC/CIU has submitted and presented our dispute to the Public Interest Commission and are awaiting their recommendation.
In the meantime, we’re holding a vote seeking a strike mandate from the membership to give our bargaining team the leverage we need to call a strike if necessary.
- A message from the FB bargaining team: We need your vote to get the contract we all deserve
- National dates: FB strike votes and strike preparation webinars
- FB strike votes: Frequently Asked Questions
Mandatory information session dates for members in BC
- Thu, Jun 17, 2021 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
- Tue, Jun 22, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PDT
The PSAC Constitution requires all members to attend a mandatory information session (10-15 mins) before they vote. These sessions will be held on GoToWebinar and will allow members to ask questions regarding the information being shared.
Please click the links in the list above to register for the session of your choice. Registrations will close two hours prior to the start of each information session. Any registrations received after that will not be eligible to participate.
FB members will receive their vote info with voting PIN via email (if we have your email on file). This email will be sent on June 14 by the company authorized to conduct the vote, Intelivote Systems Inc. If you don’t receive your PIN by June 15, check your junk mail, then contact the Vancouver Regional Office at 1-778-357-0357 or via email at email@example.com
You don’t need your voter PIN to register for an information session, so please register early.
- Join the session a few minutes early to make sure you can log-in and address any technical issues.
- The best way to access the information session is via web browser (Internet Explorer is not supported by GoToWebinar), or with the GoToWebinar app.
- Don’t join by phone, unless you have no other option, as you will not have access to the full presentation or chat function, nor will your attendance be automatically recorded.
- Use your personal device, as the employer’s network will often restrict access to GoToWebinar software.
Only after you have attended the mandatory information session in its entirety, will your vote be counted. The instructions on how to vote will be provided during the information session and with your confirmation of attendance email. You can vote by secret ballot with your PIN any time after attending an information session.