Between September 7–23, PSAC-CIU members will have the opportunity to vote on the Border Services (FB) tentative agreement reached with the employer in August following nation-wide work-to-rule strike action.
To be eligible to vote, PSAC-CIU members need to:
- Ensure you are a member in good standing. If you have not signed a union card, you can do so electronically, which will update your member status to in good standing. If you are on extended leave (maternity, parental, long-term disability, etc.), you can request to keep your member in good standing status while on leave.
- Attend an information session. Under Regulation 15A of the PSAC Constitution, every member must attend a 10–15-minute information session to be eligible to vote. This ensures all members have the information they need to make an informed decision and gives you an opportunity to ask questions. After attending one of these sessions, you will be provided with instructions on how to vote.
You must have your attendance recorded at one of the 10–15-minute information sessions or your vote will not be counted.
PSAC is hosting information sessions on the following dates. Register by clicking your preferred date below:
- Tuesday, September 7, 2:00 p.m. EDT (EN)
- Wednesday, September 8, 7:00 p.m. ADT (FR)
- Wednesday, September 8, 8:00 p.m. EDT (EN)
- Tuesday, September 14, 7:00 p.m. ADT (EN)
- Tuesday, September 14, 7:30 p.m. EDT (FR)
- Wednesday, September 15, 5:00 p.m. EDT (EN)
- Wednesday, September 15, 5:00 p.m. PDT (EN) (this webinar hosted in BC)
- Thursday, September 16, 9:00 a.m. EDT (FR)
- Tuesday, September 21, 6:00 p.m. MDT (EN)
- Wednesday, September 22, 11:00 a.m. EDT (FR)