On Friday, February 24, PSAC will mark the first anniversary of Phoenix.
We want to continue to draw attention to the Phoenix pay system and its problems and send a strong message to the Prime Minister and MPs that our members have been waiting for too long; fix the Phoenix pay problems and learn from your mistakes!
Here are some ideas for how PSAC members can send a strong message to the government and our employers on February 24th.
- Contact your MP: phone their constituency office and tell them federal public service workers deserve to paid correctly and on-time. Opposition MP’s have brought Phoenix up in Parliament many times over the past year and continue to pressure the government to fix the problem.
- Use PSAC’s online action form and send a letter to the Prime Minister.
- Share your thoughts about the 1-year anniversary of Phoenix in a few words on Twitter or Facebook (tag the PM and your MP, and use the hashtag #FixPhoenix)
- Take a selfie or picture with a message about Phoenix and share it on social media (tag the PM and your MP, and use the hashtag #FixPhoenix) and if possible email your photo to PSAC at BraggP@psac-afpc.com
- Other actions to raise awareness (for example, gather with coworkers outside your workplace and take a photo or visit a local MP’s office together). Send us your photo!
A Phoenix tool kit will be available at the national website in the coming days, which will bring together existing information and new material in one place.
- Phoenix: What PSAC is doing for you
- Phoenix tax implications and information about emergency pay
- Phoenix Questions and Answers
- And more coming soon.
Over the past year, there have been hundreds of stories in the media about Phoenix, let’s keep up the public and political pressure on the government!