In conjunction with the Canadian Labour Congress, PSAC BC will be holding a budget watch and press conference in Vancouver. All members in Vancouver are invited to join us, if they are able.
- What: A coordinated PSAC, Labour, and Community response to the budget. After watching the budget presentation, representatives from PSAC and other groups will be available to speak to the media.
- Bob Jackson, Regional Executive Vice-President, BC
- Members of the PSAC BC Regional Council
- Jim Sinclair, President, BC Federation of Labour
- Joey Hartman, President, Vancouver & District Labour Council
- When: Thursday March 29th, budget watch at 1PM, press conference at 2PM
- Where: Garibaldi Room, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 West Georgia St.
The CLC is also hosting budget watch events in Victoria and Nanaimo, for details visit the events calendar. All PSAC are encouraged members to participate. PSAC has also created two short online learning modules designed to orient members around the federal budget.
We also encourage members, Locals, and Branches to organize their own activities to mark the budget – for ideas and assistance contact your PSAC Regional Rep.
This is the Conservative’s first majority government budget and there is much anticipation about what the budget holds for PSAC members as well as for the Canadians that depend on the services we provide.
We are particularly concerned given the vague nature of the Finance Minister’s responses as to where the cuts will be and how deep they will go.
Slashing public services will devastate key social, environmental and cultural services that Canadians rely on and will severely impact the workers that provide these services.
Together we will show Canadians that PSAC says no to the Conservative austerity budget and that there is a better way – a third choice that protects our economy and invests in the strong public services Canadians need!