PSAC members across the country are mobilizing to put pressure on Treasury Board to come to the bargaining table ready to negotiate a new contract that includes fair wages that keep up with inflation, job security, equity in the workplace, and better work-life balance.
But if the employer isn’t willing do this, PSAC members must be prepared to escalate our actions, up to and including taking strike action.
Over the coming months, PSAC BC has scheduled a series of one-hour strike information sessions and one-day strike preparation training courses for members in the PA, TC, SV, and EB groups.
Strike Information Sessions for Treasury Board members, one-hour virtual session
This short session intends to provide info on the various types of strikes, strike pay, and the roles of members when on strike. Members who want more in-depth information are encouraged to register for one of the several full-day strike training sessions being offered in their geographic catchment area.
- October 19, 5:30PM PT – register at Zoom
- November 1, 5:30PM PT – register at Zoom
- November 16, 12 noon PT – register at Zoom
Strike Preparation Training for Treasury Board members, one-day in-person course
This introductory training will cover the collective bargaining process, where we are, how we got here, including the key aspects of how strikes are governed. You will examine the various types of strikes and some of the tactics involved. We will look at the various roles of members called out on strike, members who are not on strike and members who are essential workers. We will develop collective and workable solutions to the major problems that striking workers face.
- November 5, Victoria – more information and registration
- November 19, Burnaby – more information and registration
- November 19, Kamloops – more information and registration
- November 19, Prince George – more information and registration
- December 3, Kelowna – more information and registration
- December 3, Prince Rupert – more information and registration
Online Strike Preparation Training, 3-hour self-directed course
Nationally, PSAC has also launched an online strike training course that members can complete at their own pace. This course will help Treasury Board members learn more about strike action, how strikes work, and where they fit in bargaining process.