The BCFED, with the BCTF, is organizing a series of solidarity rallies around the province over the first week of September. These rallies will give teachers, parents and supporters a chance to demonstrate their support for teachers and send a message to government to negotiate a fair deal for teachers and better supports for kids. They will be supported by the local teachers’ associations and the local labour council.
- Tuesday, September 2 – Surrey
- Rally outside Minister Fassbender’s office
- Venture Way at Fraser Hwy, Surrey
- Please bring signs as we will do a Burma shave along Fraser Hwy. before the speakers start at 5:30 pm.
- Wednesday, September 3 – Kelowna
- Rally outside Christy Clark’s office
- #3 – 2429 Dobbin Road
- West Kelowna, BC
- Thursday, September 4 – Prince George
- Rally outside Minister Bond’s office
- Friday, September 5 – Vancouver
- This is a major focus for the week – rally outside Cabinet Offices at Canada Place
There are many other events going on throughout the province – for more information visit bctf.ca